I am a licensed Marriage & Family Counselor specializing in individual, couples and family therapy. I work with Christian Counseling Centers and maintain a private practice in Salinas and Pacific Grove, CA.
With over six years experience as a marriage and family counselor and 14 years experience as a pastoral counselor, I am currently serving as private practitioner working with a broad spectrum of clients. Among my areas of expertise are men's issues, religious/spirituality, and relationships.
I am an interactive, psychodynamic counselor. My therapeutic approach is to guide clients into greater awareness of themselves and of practical solutions to personal life challenges. I integrate complementary methodologies and techniques to offer a highly personalized approach tailored to each client. With compassion and understanding, I work with each individual to help them build on their strengths and attain the personal growth they are committed to accomplishing.
- Bachelor of Arts degree in Religion from Northwest Bible College (1984)
- Master of Divinity degree in Religion from Church of God School of Theology (1987)
- Doctor of Ministry degree in Ministry to Marriage and Family from Eastern Baptist Theological Seminary (1999)
- Master of Arts degree in Psychology from Chapman University (2006)
License, Certifications & Awards
- Licensed as a Marriage and Family Therapist in California (#49213) since 2010.
- Critical Incident Stress Management training (Basic and Advanced, 1998)
- Christian Prevention and Relationship Enhancement Program (CPREP, 1997)
- I am qualified to administer the Prepare/Enrich Inventory (1989), Taylor Johnson Temperament Analysis (1996), the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator Assessment (MBTI, 1998), and the Fundamental Interpersonal Relations Orientation (FIRO-B, 1998)
Professional Activities and Memberships
- Chaplain (Major) in the United States Air Force (1986 to 2000)
- California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists (CAMFT, 2003)
- Christian Counseling Centers of northern California (2008)